Friday, January 19, 2007

Public happy with one-hour processing of passport renewals

Friday January 19, 2007

KUALA LUMPUR: The public have expressed satisfaction with the Immigration Department's capability to renew passports within one hour.

A check at the Pusat Bandar Damansara Immigration branch yesterday showed that some applicants even received their passports in less than an hour.

Sahaimah Mohamad, 34, said she was happy with the speedy processing of passport renewals there.

It’s easy: Mohd Khamde showing Loo how to use a passport renewal kiosk at the Immigration branch office in Pusat Bandar Damansara, Kuala Lumpur, yesterday.

“I was one of those who came early this morning and I was surprised to receive my passport after just 10 minutes,” she said.

Another applicant, Caroline Anne Xavier, 34, said the officers manning the counters at the branch were courteous and efficient.

“I was very happy to get my passport in about an hour. Also, there were not many in the queue when I handed in my application,” she added.

Loo Yen Nee, 28, was glad she could finally apply for an international passport without much hassle.

“Within five minutes of taking my queue number, it was my turn to submit my application,” she added.

The Pusat Bandar Damansara Immigration branch processed 103 applications for passport renewals by 11am yesterday. However, only 10 applicants had stayed back to collect their passports.

The director of the branch, Mohd Khamde Khuzaini, urged the public to approach his officers if they had any problem with their passport applications.

“We will attend to any problem immediately. I also urge people to give us suggestions on how we can further improve our service,” he added.

Source: The Star

No comments: